Welcome to the official home page of
the Swedish ENT Association for Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (SFOHH): ORL-forum
The SFOHH is the professional national Swedish ENT association and has around 800 members, including ENT specialists and ENT residents within both private and public healthcare. One third of the patients in primary care present with in symptoms related to the ENT speciality and Sweden has 7 university clinics for highly specialized care in ORL, H&N surgery.
The SFOHH is a member of The Nordic Association of Otolaryngology, The European Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies and The International Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies.
The SFOHH is a member ot The Swedish Society of Medicine (Svenska Läkaresällskapet).
The main objectives of The SFOHH are:
- Defining and maintaining the quality of education of ENT specialists (SPUR)
- CME of ENT specialists
- Acting as body for the Swedish Society of Medicine and The Swedish Medical Association (Sveriges Läkarförbund) ang The National Board of Health and Welfare.
- Organizing the annual Swedish ENT meeting in collaboration with the host clinic.
- Owning the national Swedish Quality Registers for ENT diseases.
The SFOHH has two main awards:
- The Gunnar Holmgren memorial Lacture and medal. An annua award presented to a renowned international ENT surgeon who is invited to lecture at the annual ENT meeting.
- The Carl-Axel Hamberger memorial Lecture/prize. An annual award presented to a distinguished national or international researcher within ENT, H&H.
- Web-education: A lecture is broadcast on an interactive web-platform (Adobe Connect) once every week from one ENT-unit in Sweden on a rotating schedule.
- Lectures are at resident- to senior consultant- level within thel field of ENT including both research and clinical matters.
- The ENT magazine (ÖNH-tidskriften). An illustrated magazine including information from SFOHH, sub-specialty organizations, reseach, meeting report and invited writers, that is published 4-5 times a year. 2014 is the 20th anniversary of the magazine.
- ORL-Forum homepage of the SFOHH
The Board of SFOHH in 2014:
- Johan Hellgren, President
- Rusana Bark, Vice President
- Thomas Eriksson, Treasure
- Mikael Karlberg, Scientific Secretary
- Per von Hofsten, Union Secretary
- Göran Laurell, Academic representative
- Claes Hemlin, Private Healthcare representative
- Malin Siegbahn, ENT residents representative
- Elina Mäki-Torkko, Audiology representative
- Malin Josefsson, Phoniatric representative
- The Swedish Head & Neck Surgical Society
- The Swedish Society for Ear Surgery
- The Swedish Rhinologic Society
- The Swedish Pediatric Otorhinolaryngologic Society
- The Swedish Medical Audiological Society (SMAF)
- The Swedish Neuro-Otological Society
- The Swedish Phoniatric Society
- The Swedish Private ENT Practitioners Society
- The Laryngobronchial Club
- The ENT Residents Society (Otoliten)
The Acta Otolaryngological (Stockholm) is a leading peer reviewed international ENT journal that was founded in 1918, Editor Prof. Matti Anniko. Members of the SFOHH are subscribers to the Acta Journal.
Acta Otolaryngologica is the official journal of EUFOS.
Major meetings in 2014:
The Nordic Association of Otolaryngology, Copenhagen, Denmark, May 21-24, 2014.
The National Swedish ENT-meeting (ÖNH-dagarna), Uppsala, Aug 27-29, 2014.